• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hi HomeGuru

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Peachy

Thank you for your response.
Sorry about the typo of your name.

What if I never recived the letter from the court? It did not come certified, I just happen to stop at the old hose to pick up mail. So it would be to my benifit to go huh?
Should I get a Atty.? I really dont want to end up paying this LL anymore then I should.
Tracey told me if he didnt cash my check for Oct. then consider it a free months worth of rent.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks.
Pam

HomeGuru

You have started a new thread so I have no reference basis as to the history of your situation. Please enlighten the Enlightened One.

P

Peachy

Hi there,
Just a quick Q's.
We ended up moving out of the rented house Thanksgiving day.
We decided to go back there today, 11/30/00 to check for mail. We both got a a letter from the courts saying we have to appear (state of Ohio) for forcible entry & detention? What dose that mean? We have already moved out, do we have to go to court? The landlord would not cash our check for the month of Oct, so as of Nov 5th, I cancelled it, did I do something wrong?
IM thinking about counter sueing him because of his father treaspassing (his agent) and all the BS he did to us while living there.
Also, these papers say that, The plaintiff seeks jugment against these defendants ina amount necessart to adequately compensate him for past due rents (we have never been late, except for cancelled check for Oct) and any physical damages to the premises. We cleaned the house VERY good, the only thing is wear & tear after 5 years.
I even left the washer/dryer, microwave, toaster, kicthen set. (all was mine) I scrubed the floors, cleaned the carpet,What do you think I should do? If I dont go to court I will look quilty, if I do I will still have to pay.
Should I call the police have them go with us to the other house and be a witness that the house is not messed up? I was going to take a video but not sure if that would stand up in court, just want to protect ourselfs.

OK, thank you so much in advance

Pam This was the first post I sent, then you responded:

You at least owe the rent for October and can file a counterclaim for the other stuff. if you do not go to court and argue your case you will lose automatically and the landlord will get a default judgement against you for basically whatever amount he testifies to.

PS: yu spilled mi mame rong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">