• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hidden camera in main bathroom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jewels333

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

I recently found recorded video tapes of numerable people, (myself included) using the bathroom at the house I was living at. There were tons of tapes with different peoples names written on them. I took 5 of them with my name on them and left the house. Since then, I told the guy who I lived with that I knew about what he had been doing but not that I had taken any of the tapes. He, of course got defensive when I confronted him and he kicked me out. So I am sure that he probably got scared and destroyed the rest of his collection. I want to know what I should do with this situation. I want to tell everyone that I have seen on the tapes that they are victims too, but I am not sure if that is the best thing to do either. Please help, any input is appreciated.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Would you not want to know about it? That man committed a crime. You need to report it to the police along with what you saw.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

I recently found recorded video tapes of numerable people, (myself included) using the bathroom at the house I was living at. There were tons of tapes with different peoples names written on them. I took 5 of them with my name on them and left the house. Since then, I told the guy who I lived with that I knew about what he had been doing but not that I had taken any of the tapes. He, of course got defensive when I confronted him and he kicked me out. So I am sure that he probably got scared and destroyed the rest of his collection. I want to know what I should do with this situation. I want to tell everyone that I have seen on the tapes that they are victims too, but I am not sure if that is the best thing to do either. Please help, any input is appreciated.

**A: why not?

FlyingRon

What makes you think it is any more legal for you to possess these tapes than the other guy?
You should have immediately gone to the police then. You should go now before you get in deeper.

HomeGuru

What makes you think it is any more legal for you to possess these tapes than the other guy?
You should have immediately gone to the police then. You should go now before you get in deeper.
**A: he/she may be embarassed by what's on the tape.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">