• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hide children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? VA

There is no court order, not divorce yet, only verbal agreement for visitation. She brought children to somewhere to hide at my pick up time. What should I do? what the resource I can use to get an emergent help? Thanks so much.


Under the Radar Member
W/o a court order, she is under no obligation to provide any visitation (nor vice versa should you get them). I'd get temp orders ASAP.


Get your butt to court and file a temporary custody order. Make sure to state in it you don't want to keep the children away from her and want her to see them during the time until the next court date. If she hides them while you have a TCO, she is in violation of a court order. You don't need an attorney to file this.


Senior Member
It would be good to document that she is "hiding" the children from you too.

Although there is currently not an order in place, you will be getting one. Her actions right now demonstrates her willingness to "foster the child/parent relationship" with the other parent.


Her actions also show her willingness to impede a father/child relationship with each of your children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential