• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hiding from my probation officer after telling them i might self harm

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheyenna

What is the name of your state? Ohio
what will my probation officer do if i send them an email saying that i might self harm, then don't answer back to their reply. will they show up at my door? i'm thinking about hiding in my apartment bathroom with the door locked and then not open it.will they force their way in. what will they do?

Just Blue

what will my probation officer do if i send them an email saying that i might self harm, then don't answer back to their reply. will they show up at my door? i'm thinking about hiding in my apartment bathroom with the door locked and then not open it.will they force their way in. what will they do?
They likely will call the police, who will then go to your home and ring the bell. If you don't answer they will likely force open the door and search the house for you. When they find you hiding in the bathtub they will likely bring you to the nearest hospital that has a psych ward.

Wanna share why you plan on doing such silly and self destructive actions?

quincy

Is self-harm something you are actually intending to do? Or do you just want to see what your probation officer will do?

Why are you on probation?

Cheyenna

i'm grieving the death of my grandma, who died on 10/11/2019 at 1:34 am. i just can't do this on my own. if they show up later today then oh well, i probably won't go with them so easy, i may end up in handcuffs, the nearest psych ward near me is at The Ohio State Wexner Medical Center in Columbus and I live In Heath, i actually want to self harm and i'm on probation for Telcommunications harassment

Just Blue

i'm grieving the death of my grandma, who died on 10/11/2019 at 1:34 am. i just can't do this on my own. if they show up later today then oh well, i probably won't go with them so easy, i may end up in handcuffs, the nearest psych ward near me is at The Ohio State Wexner Medical Center in Columbus and I live In Heath, i actually want to self harm and i'm on probation for Telcommunications harassment
I'm sorry for the loss of your Grandmother....please call a friend/family member to help you through your grief.

Cheyenna

i have tried reaching out to family and friends , but my family members are going through a lot to, i don't really have many friends that i'm aloud to talk to anymore, i tried to reach out to Text Crisis line USA and Lifeline chat for suicide prevention and my probation officer , nothing has worked. the only way i knew how to express my self is by sending my probation officer an email and letting them take control. i didn't feel comfortable talking to them in person when i reported in at 3:00 yesterday afternoon. this was the only way i could get help.

quincy

I am sorry to hear about the death of your grandmother.

You are probably better off calling a suicide hotline (National Crisis Hotline: 1-800-273-8255) or calling 911 if you feel you need immediate help. Your probation officer is not trained to handle suicidal offenders.

Just Blue

i have tried reaching out to family and friends , but my family members are going through a lot to, i don't really have many friends that i'm aloud to talk to anymore, i tried to reach out to Text Crisis line USA and Lifeline chat for suicide prevention and my probation officer , nothing has worked. the only way i knew how to express my self is by sending my probation officer an email and letting them take control. i didn't feel comfortable talking to them in person when i reported in at 3:00 yesterday afternoon. this was the only way i could get help.
Go to your nearest ER and tell them you need help and that your thinking of harming yourself....or just call 911. They will send people to help you.

Cheyenna

my probation officer has dealt with me with suicide before , i tried the National Crisis Hotline and i'm not aloud to call 911 , its one of the conditions of my probation because i had a charge of misuse of 911 in the past. i hope my probation officer will be able to help me out again this time

quincy

my probation officer has dealt with me with suicide before , i tried the National Crisis Hotline and i'm not aloud to call 911 , its one of the conditions of my probation because i had a charge of misuse of 911 in the past. i hope my probation officer will be able to help me out again this time
You are not allowed to call 911? Really?

Cheyenna

the hospital that is near me won't help they have labeled me as a frequent flyer, i think i will wait and see what my probation officer says when she replies back and if she shows up to my apartment then so be it

Just Blue

the hospital that is near me won't help they have labeled me as a frequent flyer, i think i will wait and see what my probation officer says when she replies back and if she shows up to my apartment then so be it
What is your mental health issue(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">