• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hipaa Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?TEXAS
Though I am aware that HIPAA does not allow a private cause of action, and counties can claim some immunities, is it impossible to sue a county entity (County Indigent Health) for wrongfully releasing private medical information to your employers? Please give advice in detail. I have filed complaint with Civil Rights Office, they are doing there part, fines (if assessed) will go to the Justice Department though...NOT me. What can a lawyer do for me? I suffered emotional damages, along with loss of job and reloacted to other city.

Denton, TX
[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential