• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HIPAA VIOLATION W/ PROOF

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ashlee78016

What is the name of your state? TEXAS
Hospital is in Frio County
I live in neighboring Medina County Texas.

I have a question about hipaa and/or texas medical records privacy act (tmrpa) can u help me in this area? what I'm needing is basic info. basically do I have here something that would get this person reprimanded for their actions? is she in fact in violation? how do I file a report?

THE ISSUE: my ex husband's new girl friend is the director of nurses at a hospital. she has made comments leading me to believe she has looked at my medical record. one day she screwed up and sent me an email after I asked my ex for a copy of my kids Medicaid. she had accessed my son's Medicaid account and info through the local hospitals system. my children at this point had never been to this hospital nor have they ever been patients of hers. in fact it has the log in code # she used that identifies who's name she logged in under and the location. (frio county hospital) the number when googled brings up the CEO of the hospital. I'm guessing she used this info to log into the system. she sent me the email herself from her own email address as she won't allow me.to communicate with my ex AT ALL. She intercepts every message and responds herself. I can't even contact him about pick up or drop off arranments or health issues etc. anyway as proof I still have copies of the email she sent me.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
It's probably a violation of the hospital policy at the very least. You certainly may make the complaint to the hospital and see if anything happens with that.

adjusterjack

she won't allow me.to communicate with my ex AT ALL. She intercepts every message and responds herself. I can't even contact him about pick up or drop off arranments or health issues etc
If you allow that behavior to continue it's nobody's fault but your own.

You can take your ex back to court so he can be taught his responsibilities for consulting with you about the children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">