• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hiring Practice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bbshock

My employer is an IT outsourcing co. We recently lost a contract and I was given until 12/15 to find other employment within the Co. A perspective hiring manager called my manager to ask of my availability and thought that I would be a good fit on his team. He also took suggestions on how to write the Req. to suit my qualification. Two people applied for the job. He hired the one who was 900 miles away and who presently working in a different line of work. Can I do anything? I am not a minority and I am male. I think I am just out of Luck!

C

Chas C

Me too. What's the claim -- he liked someone else better than you? But was it age discrimination?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">