• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hiring practice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?AZ
Ok here goes 8 years ago I was hired by XX school district to drive a school bus but about 2 weeks before I moved to Tucson I get a call from a Mr. xxxx telling me that they were changing their mind. Well I just applied for another job with XX school and the manager Mr xxxx has decided he still won't hire me. He send me an e-mail stating this"
Thank you for your reply. At this time, we have elected to pursue other candidates. If we have future interest, Human Resources will contact you.

Thank you again for your interest in XX Public Schools. " all I want to know is why he will not tell me the reason he will not hire me.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
We have no idea why he won't tell you the reason he won't hire you. We are not inside his head. I can think of quite a few possible reasons but I have no way of knowing which of them, if any, is his reason.

However, under no Federal or Arizona law does he have an obligation to tell you. If he doesn't want to tell you, he doesn't have to, and there is no law you can invoke that will force him to give you a reason.

quincy

What is the name of your state?AZ
Ok here goes 8 years ago I was hired by XX school district to drive a school bus but about 2 weeks before I moved to Tucson I get a call from a Mr. xxxx telling me that they were changing their mind. Well I just applied for another job with XX school and the manager Mr xxxx has decided he still won't hire me. He send me an e-mail stating this"
Thank you for your reply. At this time, we have elected to pursue other candidates. If we have future interest, Human Resources will contact you.

Thank you again for your interest in XX Public Schools. " all I want to know is why he will not tell me the reason he will not hire me.
snowman45106, you will need to recover from your eye surgery before you will be eligible for the driving positions you are applying for. Right now you do not qualify.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/age-discrimination.650424

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/eye-surgery.649377

snowman45106, you will need to recover from your eye surgery before you will be eligible for the driving positions you are applying for. Right now you do not qualify.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/age-discrimination.650424

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/eye-surgery.649377
what does that have to do with the fact he would not hire me 8 years ago when I could drive school buses. If someone in California is giving me a bad name that shouln't I know about it.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
what does that have to do with the fact he would not hire me 8 years ago when I could drive school buses. If someone in California is giving me a bad name that shouln't I know about it.
There's no law that will compel a potential employer to tell you why they chose not to hire you.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You're making a HUGE jump there. There are a thousand possible reasons why he didn't want to hire you that have absolutely nothing do to with someone "giving you a bad name".

But no matter how long you gripe about it, the fact remains that you do not have a right under the law to know why he didn't hire you. Especially not eight years after the fact.

quincy

It may have less to do with you personally and more to do with the other candidates who applied for the same position that were deemed more qualified or a better "fit" for the company's needs.

I suggest you continue to apply for as many jobs as you can for which you know you are qualified and hope one of the employers recognizes your worth.

It can definitely be more of a challenge to find a job as you age because the number of people you are competing against for a position will include those without normal age-related "handicaps." It can be hard to determine if you are being overlooked by an employer simply because of your age and not because of other factors.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">