• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hiring remote employees from other states

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowyer

Hi guys, I'm from NY, how I can hire remote employees from other states?
Should I hire professional HR to deal with it or have a consultation with lawyers to avoid lawsuits about the underpaid job in the future?

quincy

Hi guys, I'm from NY, how I can hire remote employees from other states?
Should I hire professional HR to deal with it or have a consultation with lawyers to avoid lawsuits about the underpaid job in the future?
Why will your future employees be “underpaid?”

You would be smart to consult with a business law professional prior to hiring out-of-state workers.

lowyer

Why will your future employees be “underpaid?”

You would be smart to consult with a business law professional prior to hiring out-of-state workers.
I checked that there are a lot of issues, for example, If the NY minimum wage is $11,80 - can I pay less for someone in Ohio ($8.7 wage)

quincy

First, lowyer, I recommend you read the terms and conditions of use for this site before thinking of posting any commercial links or commercial messages. Commercial messages are prohibited on this forum.
I checked that there are a lot of issues, for example, If the NY minimum wage is $11,80 - can I pay less for someone in Ohio ($8.7 wage)
You will want to go over all of the specifics with a business law professional in your area.

Why would you pay employees less for doing the same work?

PayrollHRGuy

As long as you pay the minimum wage in the state where the employees are working there is no law broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">