• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

His momma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Casey087

Member
What is the name of your state?AL
My boyfriend is 22 years old. When he was younger his mother used to put bills in his name. She left his family when he was 18. He's been paying the mortgage on her house for the past 4 or 5 years. Now she is trying to get 50,000 bucks out of the house because my boyfriend and his dad are refinancing it. If she goes through with this plan my boyfriend will have no way to live. It will make his monthly payments go up to almost 2,000 dollars a month. What legal action could he take against her for the bills she put in his name and what could he do about the house?
 


Snipes5

Senior Member
This is not a tax question.

With that sort of situation, I would hire an attorney. He will probably want to have her charged with fraud, for openers.

Snipes
 

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Senior Member
Casey087 said:
What is the name of your state?AL
My boyfriend is 22 years old. When he was younger his mother used to put bills in his name. She left his family when he was 18. He's been paying the mortgage on her house for the past 4 or 5 years. Now she is trying to get 50,000 bucks out of the house because my boyfriend and his dad are refinancing it. If she goes through with this plan my boyfriend will have no way to live. It will make his monthly payments go up to almost 2,000 dollars a month. What legal action could he take against her for the bills she put in his name and what could he do about the house?

My response:

Nothing, and nothing.

IAAL
 

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Senior Member
Snipes5 said:
This is not a tax question.

With that sort of situation, I would hire an attorney. He will probably want to have her charged with fraud, for openers.

Snipes

My response:

Snipes, think about what you just said. Think past your nose and down the line. Think defense costs. Hopefully, you'll see my point.

IAAL
 

BelizeBreeze

Senior Member
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Snipes, think about what you just said. Think past your nose and down the line. Think defense costs. Hopefully, you'll see my point.

IAAL
Now THAT was funny!!! :D
 

BelizeBreeze

Senior Member
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Thank you, thank you. I try so damn hard to mix humor with an actual learning experience - - especially one with logic.

IAAL
I would say I almost split my gut...but...well, you get it ;)
 

BelizeBreeze

Senior Member
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

I can just see Snipes and our original writer scratching their heads saying, "What the hell is IAAL talking about?"

IAAL
I don't think our poster is a dirty old man but SNIPES? Well, let's give him a few more tries ;)
 

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">
Top