• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HIT and RUN.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? MASS.

OK, here's the story. it was around 11pm and i was going out with some of my friends (i was driving). i was driving straight on some street and then all of the sudden some guy ran a stop sign and crashed into me. after that he fled the scene and my 3 friends and i were carried away in an ambulance. luckily i was able to remember his license plate.

alright, the officers came to question me and my friends and then he went out to seek for the other party. in the end he was not able to find out who was operating the vehicle so he put blame on the owner. he also told me that the car was not reported stolen.

i used the info. the officer gave me to file an accident with my insurance and his. i don't have full coverage so i had to go through the other guys insurance and believe me it was a real hassle. the lady kept telling me that she is waiting for their insured to contact them and and that they need to investigate.

well it has already been 2 months and they are still telling me the same story. i really don't think their insured is really going to give them a call anytime soon. right now i am stuck with no car, have some minor back pains, and trying to hunt down the insurance company for an answer, so i can at least get a rental.
i did file a case in small claims for my property damage but i have to wait a few months.

can someone please give me advice on how i can get my car fixed sooner. i really don't want to wait a few months for a court date nor wait for their insured to contact them. What should i do??


Senior Member
Talk with an experienced Personal Injury attorney in your area. He will also help expedite your property damage claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential