• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit And Run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? IL
I was in a auto accident, where I was stopped at a red light and the person hit me from behind. I caugt the license plate number and now I'm taking him to court. To sum it up he got himself a lawyer, but I did the case on my own. We went to abbritration and I was awarded the amount I was seeking. Now his lawyers want me to sign a Vacate Judgment, so this won't go on his credit or a garnishment wont come out on his check. They will give me a check once I sign that form. Is it ok to sign the the form to receive the amount I'm seeking?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential