• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RayKnight

Yes, recently, my parked car was hit by somebody and they fled the scene on foot. The owner of the car claims they were car jacked earlier. Unfortunately, the insurance adjuster says the car is totaled. With that being said, I owe more than what they are willing to give me. What options do I have?

adjusterjack

The owner of the car claims they were car jacked earlier.
Claims?

Any police investigation?

Unfortunately, the insurance adjuster says the car is totaled.
Unfortunately, you'll have to pay the difference on the loan. No GAP insurance?

What is your insurance doing about getting reimbursed by the driver (subrogation)?

Ask.

Their efforts may help you if they think there is money to be had.

Just Blue

Yes, recently, my parked car was hit by somebody and they fled the scene on foot. The owner of the car claims they were car jacked earlier. Unfortunately, the insurance adjuster says the car is totaled. With that being said, I owe more than what they are willing to give me. What options do I have?
What state?

RayKnight

Claims?

Any police investigation?

Unfortunately, you'll have to pay the difference on the loan. No GAP insurance?

What is your insurance doing about getting reimbursed by the driver (subrogation)?

Ask.

Their efforts may help you if they think there is money to be had.
Well, according to the officer, the owner of the vehicle acted suspiciously, but the problem is I don’t know if they have any evidence to prove that he was not the driver.

adjusterjack

I meant his carjacking. Did he report that to the police when it happened?

Anyway, talk to your neighbors and see if they have security cameras that may have recorded the crash.

Then go on Next Door and ask for witnesses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">