• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit by a company truck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sscamarotoy

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Indiana

I was hit by a guy driving a company vehicle. He was driving too fast in snowy conditions, slid through a stop sign, hit me and pushed me into an oncoming vehicle. No one was injured seriously, but my knee was brusied and swollen for 3 days. The company has admitted fault and the insurance company has totaled my vehicle and made me an offer I feel is too low. I need about $3500 more just to pay off my car loan. This puts me in a situation where if I buy a new car then not only do I have to pay off the $3500 but I have a new car payment on top of it and I can't afford that, or I buy a cheaper car than what I had before and pay off the $3500. I don't think it is fair to me to have to down grade the vehicle I am driving while paying the same amount because someone else hit me. Is my reasoning wrong? What do I do to get them to pay the difference? Am I just out of luck?

H

hexeliebe

Can you hum "We're in the money"?

Go see a personal injury attorney. The company's insurance carrier will hum a different tun very quickly.

S

sscamarotoy

I am not a greedy person, I don't want a bunch of money, I just think it is unfair to me to be in a worse situation than I was before the accident, since it wasn't my fault. Am I wrong?

S

sscamarotoy

Also they said that my SUV is worth $8,500 and I owe $12,000, I have found the same or similar vehicles on the net listed from $6,000 to $15,000. How do I get them to give up the money to put me back where I was?

H

hexeliebe

The answer above was a joke. You know, tee hee. However, the sentiment behind it was not. DO NOT deal with insurance companies yourself.

Get an ATTORNEY!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">