• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit by drunk driver in a company rental

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Austin,Texas- 2/6/2020 my boyfriend was hit by a drunk driver that was driving down the wrong way on the feeder road. He was in the U-turn already when the drunk driver entered and hit him. The damage was done to the right front bumper head on. The drunk driver accompanied him to the parking lot and then she insisted to leave her vehicle and walked to the Gas station and leaving her damaged car. Cops showed and she failed the field sobriety test and refused the breathalyzer and was arrest and jailed. The police issued her a ticket but the officer did not take her personal insurance info. Ao what we only have is her name and where she lives full address no contact number our insurance wants us to use the girls insurance as well as go after the company rental car insurance. How can I go about obtaining the info I need to get so that we can get the vehicle repaired. The damage is more than $1500. Please help I don’t know where I begin to repair this??

adjusterjack

our insurance wants us to use the girls insurance
Your insurance has no business "wanting" you to do that. If you have Collision coverage, your insurance has a contractual obligation to pay for your repairs.

That's what you pay them to do so you can avoid the hassle and delay you are having with the other driver.

Yes, you have a deductible. Do you want the car fixed now or spend months in limbo where you might never get it fixed?

He was in the U-turn already when the drunk driver entered and hit him.
Entered from where?

Just Blue

Austin,Texas- 2/6/2020 my boyfriend was hit by a drunk driver that was driving down the wrong way on the feeder road. He was in the U-turn already when the drunk driver entered and hit him. The damage was done to the right front bumper head on. The drunk driver accompanied him to the parking lot and then she insisted to leave her vehicle and walked to the Gas station and leaving her damaged car. Cops showed and she failed the field sobriety test and refused the breathalyzer and was arrest and jailed. The police issued her a ticket but the officer did not take her personal insurance info. Ao what we only have is her name and where she lives full address no contact number our insurance wants us to use the girls insurance as well as go after the company rental car insurance. How can I go about obtaining the info I need to get so that we can get the vehicle repaired. The damage is more than $1500. Please help I don’t know where I begin to repair this??
Blessurhrttx....I highly suggest you remove you name from your signature line. This site discourages members from using identifying information.

Your insurance has no business "wanting" you to do that. If you have Collision coverage, your insurance has a contractual obligation to pay for your repairs.

That's what you pay them to do so you can avoid the hassle and delay you are having with the other driver.

Yes, you have a deductible. Do you want the car fixed now or spend months in limbo where you might never get it fixed?

Entered from where?

yes that made no sense that our insurance even says that. And it currently is in the shop now. She was driving south on the north bound feeder road and then entered the U Turn lane.

My guy was already in the UTurn lane from the north side entrance that would exit him on the south bound side. She entered the south bound side that would have put her on the north bound side.

adjusterjack

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Research+Blvd+&+Spicewood+Springs+Rd,+Austin,+TX+78750/@30.4340704,-97.7690741,17.5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x8644ccd898f0b181:0x9bfed62328b2f25f!8m2!3d30.4341257!4d-97.770197

I see. The access road is northbound one way and the other driver was going the wrong way on that access road. Just wanted to be clear on that. She must have been really drunk to go that way.

Anyway, your insurance company's claims people will go after her to collect on the claim and eventually get to her insurance company for it.

Yes that’s what they assumed after I told them that the company rental she was in because voided because she was a drunk driver. And because the officer failed to get this girls actually personal insurance I don’t know how to proceed

adjusterjack

Yes that’s what they assumed after I told them that the company rental she was in because voided because she was a drunk driver. And because the officer failed to get this girls actually personal insurance I don’t know how to proceed
You proceed with your own collision coverage and let your insurance professionals go after the drunk.

ShyCat

You'll have to pay the deductible you chose for collision coverage, but your insurance company will return that to you when they collect it from the at-fault driver/insurance.

Yes I know that. But I don’t have her insurance information or phone number only and address. I guess I will be sending a letter then

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">