• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit by drunk driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tee429

What is the name of your state? Connecticut
I was hit by a drunk driver on my way home from home depot. I have been out of work for almost a month. I have neck and back injuries, do to CDL Training I was trying to avoid oncoming traffic from the other lane. When does the other insurance company have to start paying lost wages? I have a special needs child, a mortgage and car payment. If this woman hadn't hit me I would have gone to work the next day and continued with what I call a normal life.

What does your police report say about the accident? Was the "drunk" driver given tickets/citations etc.? Have you been in contact with the Ins. Co. of the "drunk" driver? Has your Ins. Agent been in contact with the "drunk" driver's Agent? Have you medical statements regarding your alleged injuries?

You do have a part of your post that could be construed in many ways. CDL Training and your reaction to the accident.

Tee429

re: drunk Driver

freespeech said:
What does your police report say about the accident? Was the "drunk" driver given tickets/citations etc.? Have you been in contact with the Ins. Co. of the "drunk" driver? Has your Ins. Agent been in contact with the "drunk" driver's Agent? Have you medical statements regarding your alleged injuries?

You do have a part of your post that could be construed in many ways. CDL Training and your reaction to the accident.
She was arrested on the spot for DUI. I have all my notes for the orthro surg. was taken in abulance, plus all notes from the follow up dr. I have a commercial drivers lic. so therefore I have different training then people who just have a reg. drivers lic. My training kept me from hitting a truck that was coming from the other direction. My insurance company was notified the next morning about hte accident and she was also ticketed for improper lane change and reckless driving. mY insurance has been on the phone with her insurance repeatedly. and have left a ton of voice messages and they are in no hurry to call either my insurance company or myself back.she also had a court date in aug. which she failed to show up for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">