• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit by uninsured driver/car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.




I was hit a couple of days ago by an uninsured driver/car. The fault was his, for he did not yield to traffic and turned into me. I was driving my friend's vehicle, with permission of course. No injuries. However, the insurance company said my friend would have to pay his $500 deductible, and it would be returned once the entire damage cost is returned to them by the uninsured driver. How can we go about getting the $500 back before that? I have a feeling that the uninsured driver does not have the $2000 to pay for the damage to my friend's car, so my friend may never see his $500 deductible returned. Can we file a small claims suit in order to get, at the very least, a judgement against the uninsured driver demanding the money? Or would we be better off just waiting it out while the insurance company does the suing, etc.?

Thank you for your time.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential