• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit from behind on the freeway

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lakeshowin

California

We were hit from behind by another vehicle. The vehicle that hit us was speeding excessively. We spun out and ended up on the shoulder. My head was bleeding and I panicked! I blacked out for a second and immediately got out of the car walking towards the exit holding my head with pressure to the wound. My family got there before any officials and I went straight to the hospital. I did not exchange information or wait for authorities. I was in shock and afraid for my health. I was admitted to the hospital with concussion protocol. Family went back to the scene but every thing had been cleared. Am I in big trouble? I'm not a criminal and had never been in a car accident before.

PayrollHRGuy

You have admittingly commited a crime so by most definitions you are a criminal. You need to contact a lawyer ASAP.

When did this happen?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You have admittingly commited a crime so by most definitions you are a criminal. You need to contact a lawyer ASAP.

When did this happen?
I'm not so sure that the OP committed a crime by leaving the accident in this situation (a medical emergency). I agree that it's likely wise to discuss the matter with an attorney.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The vehicle that hit us was speeding excessively...
Just how do you know that? Who is "we"?? Were you driving? Or were you a passenger?

I'm assuming your car was left behind at the scene. If so then I'm sure this was all documented by the police with an accident report, although your identity is probably unknown. You need to report this to your insurance company and contact the police agency involved to ensure all of your information is recorded on the accident report.

Just Blue

California

We were hit from behind by another vehicle. The vehicle that hit us was speeding excessively. We spun out and ended up on the shoulder. My head was bleeding and I panicked! I blacked out for a second and immediately got out of the car walking towards the exit holding my head with pressure to the wound. My family got there before any officials and I went straight to the hospital. I did not exchange information or wait for authorities. I was in shock and afraid for my health. I was admitted to the hospital with concussion protocol. Family went back to the scene but every thing had been cleared. Am I in big trouble? I'm not a criminal and had never been in a car accident before.
Considering how very rude you were to members here on your last thread...pay an attorney to help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">