• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit from behind police search my car for drugs no warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nichole

I was hit from behind and taken to the hospital in an ambulance. I'm black the other driver is white. As soon as I'm put on the streacher the cop says this car is mine and releases his dogs to my car. Lets the other man go with out even a ticket. Police tear apart things in my car. I have wittness to the whole thing. I need leagal advice. Were the police leagally allowed to do that. I had a previoius drug charge 4 years before that but nothing since. Is the reasonbale cause. There were no drugs found. I have been clean for a number of years. This occured in New York State. Cattarougus county.

------------------
Nichole

[This message has been edited by Nichole (edited June 08, 2000).]

?

???????

Did the police find anything? were you charged? What state did this occur?

D

dsut

Nichole, did they ask for your consent to search? If not then they need a warrent or probroble cause. No warrent? Then what is the probroble cause? They must have one of those three things to legally search your vehicle. Nichole, there are good cops and bad cops everywhere. Sounds like you got one that ain't exactly kosher. Sorry it happened. But, it sounds like you have a good case. The Responding Officer MUST get insurance and registration info from all parties involved in the accident. If the RO didn't then the police are then responsible. Get a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">