• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit in the right rear of my vehicle while leaving turn..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BabbaYagga

I was making a left turn at a green light. I made the turn and crossed over three lanes and while exiting the turn i was struck in the right rear. My insurance company is claiming no fault but the other parties is claiming no fault as well. The other driver did not hit is brakes or use his horn before the impact. Can i get the ticket reduced or removed because of this fact.

Just Blue

I was making a left turn at a green light. I made the turn and crossed over three lanes and while exiting the turn i was struck in the right rear. My insurance company is claiming no fault but the other parties is claiming no fault as well. The other driver did not hit is brakes or use his horn before the impact. Can i get the ticket reduced or removed because of this fact.
What were you ticked for?

pac72

I don't see the other driver not blowing his horn or supposedly not braking would matter. your failure to yield when turning led to the accident.. you could try to fight it. I don't see why the fine would be reduced

pac72

no skid marks by the other driver would likely caused by abs brakes on their vehicle...which prevents wheel lock up

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Unless you were turning on a green arrow (protected left) and the other party had a red light, you didn't have the right of way.

CdwJava

You did not mention your state, but, in general you are required to yield until you can make and complete the turn in safety. It seems that the other vehicle was close enough to have been a hazard and, ergo, it was not yet safe to complete the turn and you were required to yield.

Based on what you have written, I don't see any grounds to have the ticket dismissed or even to prevail in court.

xylene

An insurance company(s) determination of fault is not evidence in a traffic ticket case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">