• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit & Run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

engtrak

It doesn’t matter. If you are charged with the hit and run, your attorney will present all arguments for you.
my attorney also says the same but what is the harm adding the facts (hearsay) to the report as supplemental statements

CdwJava

my attorney also says the same but what is the harm adding the facts (hearsay) to the report as supplemental statements
The "harm" is providing them a written confession. If you failed to adhere to the requirements of under the law, your explanation will merely be a confession. If you want to confess and admit to the crime, by all means, add a supplement to that effect. You'll save yourself a trial, plead guilty, possibly serve jail time, and definitely pay a lot of money ... but, you'll have had your say with a supplement.

Your call.

quincy

Because the more you talk, the more likely you are to be charged with a felony.

Watch the video (the “don’t talk” applies equally to the police and to the prosecutor who is looking to charge you with a crime). Absorb what the law professor is saying.

There is more at stake here than just a possible felony charge and conviction. You can be deported.

I recommend you practice being silent.

engtrak

The "harm" is providing them a written confession. If you failed to adhere to the requirements of under the law, your explanation will merely be a confession. If you want to confess and admit to the crime, by all means, add a supplement to that effect. You'll save yourself a trial, plead guilty, possibly serve jail time, and definitely pay a lot of money ... but, you'll have had your say with a supplement.

Your call.
thank you for the justification

engtrak

Because the more you talk, the more likely you are to be charged with a felony.

Watch the video (the “don’t talk” applies equally to the police and to the prosecutor who is looking to charge you with a crime). Absorb what the law professor is saying.

There is more at stake here than just a possible felony charge and conviction. You can be deported.

I recommend you practice being silent.
thank you...i will be silent

engtrak

another question
Civil compromise letter that was signed by victim with my first attorney was not notarized but we have victim's passport copy provided by victim which is attached to civil compromise letter.
My second attorney tried to get it notarized by the victim's injury attorney but victim's injury attorney said that they tried to reach the victim but victim does not want to inconvenience themselves in any which way and they said they do not want to notarize it but they took $ 4000 from me for civil compromise letter.

quincy

another question
Civil compromise letter that was signed by victim with my first attorney was not notarized but we have victim's passport copy provided by victim which is attached to civil compromise letter.
My second attorney tried to get it notarized by the victim's injury attorney but victim's injury attorney said that they tried to reach the victim but victim does not want to inconvenience themselves in any which way and they said they do not want to notarize it but they took $ 4000 from me for civil compromise letter.
You can dispute any attorney charges you feel are unwarranted. Discuss the charge with your attorney first.

engtrak

I
You can dispute any attorney charges you feel are unwarranted. Discuss the charge with your attorney first.
$ 4000 i paid to victim for civil compromise letter. I am not talking about the money i paid to my first attorney.

quincy

$ 4000 i paid to victim for civil compromise letter. I am not talking about the money i paid to my first attorney.
Then I recommend you discuss this with your attorney. A civil compromise is for dismissal of misdemeanors.

engtrak

Then I recommend you discuss this with your attorney. A civil compromise is for dismissal of misdemeanors.
as i said above my second attorney tried to get it notarized by victim thru victim's injury attorney but they are not willing to notarize it.

quincy

as i said above my second attorney tried to get it notarized by victim's thru victim's injury attorney but they are not willing to notarize it.
Okay. Perhaps the victim/victim’s attorney is waiting to see if you are charged with a felony. A civil compromise is also not available when the victim is a child (and, if memory serves me, the injured victim was a child).

Ask your attorney about the $4000.

engtrak

Okay. Perhaps the victim/victim’s attorney is waiting to see if you are charged with a felony.

Ask your attorney.
in the civil compromise letter below is the language -

'we are the persons who suffered a loss have been paid $ 4,000 to not pursue criminal charges.
Pursuant to Penal code Section 1377 and section 1378, I request the prosecution of this action be stayed and that the defendant be discharged therefrom.

We declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.'

quincy

in the civil compromise letter below is the language -

'we are the persons who suffered a loss have been paid $ 4,000 to not pursue criminal charges.
Pursuant to Penal code Section 1377 and section 1378, I request the prosecution of this action be stayed and that the defendant be discharged therefrom.

We declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.'
Ask your attorney about this.

Prosecutors do not have to accept civil compromises and civil compromises are not available when the victim is a child and the charge is a felony.

Again, ask your attorney.

engtrak

Ask your attorney about this.

Prosecutors do not have to accept civil compromises and civil compromises are not available when the victim is a child and the charge is a felony.

Again, ask your attorney.
if my attorney has got clarity and if he was clearing all these doubts for me then i would not have been here for discussion and for the inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">