• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit & Run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

if my attorney has got clarity and if he was clearing all these doubts for me then i would not have been here for discussion and for the inputs.
I think you need to trust that your attorney will inform you when you need to know something. Right now it appears that everyone is waiting on the prosecutor and what he is going to do.

Learn to wait. Practice silence. And try to find something other than your case to concentrate on (e.g., read books, watch tv or movies, go out with friends).

engtrak

I think you need to trust that your attorney will inform you when you need to know something. Right now it appears that everyone is waiting on the prosecutor and what he is going to do.

Learn to wait. Practice silence. And try to find something other than your case to concentrate on (e.g., read books, watch tv or movies, go out with friends).
thank you

engtrak

58 days passed from the incident date.
I was not arrested. I was not taken to police station. I was not finger printed. No Injuries reported at the incident but a pain claimed to my insurance.
May I know how long usually does it take to get these filed in the court by LA city attorney's office.

quincy

I was not arrested. I was not taken to police station. I was not finger printed. No Injuries reported at the incident but a pain claimed to my insurance.
May I know how long usually does it take to get these filed in the court by LA city attorney's office.
I believe that was your original question. Read through your thread.
thank you
You’re welcome, engtrak. We all appreciate the thanks.

Just Blue

You said that an toddler was taken to the hospital by ambulance in your, now deleted, 1st thread.

quincy

The fact that a toddler was injured in the hit and run was also mentioned in the other, now-locked thread.

engtrak, you need to find something else to do to keep your mind off the accident. Continuing to talk about it here is not helping you.

engtrak

The fact that a toddler was injured in the hit and run was also mentioned in the other, now-locked thread.

engtrak, you need to find something else to do to keep your mind off the accident. Continuing to talk about it is not helping you.
no body injured...
because of this reason only i think i was not arrested..
this is the only mistake in my entire life...
I had DL, I had insurance,
i was driving at 15-20 miles, they applied brakes
I applied brakes 10 seconds late and my car hit to their rear side...
I know i did big irreversible mistake by driving away in panic..

quincy

no body injured...
You hit a car, injured a toddler, and fled the scene of the accident. I don’t know why you weren’t arrested and I don’t know why you haven’t been charged.

Perhaps you should consider yourself lucky right now and go on with your life. If the prosecutor decides to charge you later, you can worry then.

engtrak

no body injured...
You hit a car, injured a toddler, and fled the scene of the accident. I don’t know why you weren’t arrested and I don’t know why you haven’t been charged.

Perhaps you should consider yourself lucky right now and go on with your life. If the prosecutor decides to charge you later, you can worry then.
Thank you Quincy for valuable and motivational words..
After reading extensively in the internet for the last 50 days - I consider myself lucky and thanking god each day for not getting arrested....
but instead of arresting me.. are there any chances that CHP officer has already informed to ICE (immigration) to put a hold on my name to restrict me to travel outside of US ?
(as an alternative to arrest)

quincy

After reading extensively in the internet for the last 50 days - I consider myself lucky and thanking god each day for not getting arrested....
but instead of arresting me.. are there any chances that CHP officer has already informed to ICE (immigration) to put a hold on my name to restrict me to travel outside of US ?
That is a possibility. You should ask your attorney.

CdwJava

The CHP is prohibited by state law
State law prohibits the CHP from working with ICE. So, the odds of them reporting this to ICE is about nil - especially since an accusation is not sufficient to get any legal status revoked. However, if you are here illegally, ANY court action (civil or criminal) might bring you to the attention of Immigration authorities.

engtrak

The CHP is prohibited by state law

State law prohibits the CHP from working with ICE. So, the odds of them reporting this to ICE is about nil - especially since an accusation is not sufficient to get any legal status revoked. However, if you are here illegally, ANY court action (civil or criminal) might bring you to the attention of Immigration authorities.
Thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">