• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit & Run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

engtrak

but I see that for some hit and run cases in the internet
though they are not arrested, not convicted but by just being the suspect are caught in the airport when trying to exit/entry to US !
please help me ...

CdwJava

but I see that for some hit and run cases in the internet
though they are not arrested, not convicted but by just being the suspect are caught in the airport when trying to exit/entry to US !
please help me ...
If they are it is likely because they are otherwise here illegally or they have committed some other offense that resulted in their detention.

You are worrying about something that has not happened.

engtrak

thank you
If they are it is likely because they are otherwise here illegally or they have committed some other offense that resulted in their detention.

25-year-old Omar Bashir Mohammad was detained
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/hit-and-run-victim-released-from-hospital-drivers-arrest-imminent-police-say/100378/

CdwJava

<sigh> He was a wanted fugitive! THAT's why he was taken in! He was arrested for a felony! His situation is NOT yours!

Stop trying to squeeze a square peg into a round hole.

Look, if you want to be terrified and afraid, there's nothing any of us can do to prevent you from working yourself into a lather. There's no need, but, clearly you seem determined to be terrified. That's on you, not the system.

Good luck.

engtrak

thank you
<sigh> He was a wanted fugitive! THAT's why he was taken in! He was arrested for a felony! His situation is NOT yours!

Stop trying to squeeze a square peg into a round hole.

Look, if you want to be terrified and afraid, there's nothing any of us can do to prevent you from working yourself into a lather. There's no need, but, clearly you seem determined to be terrified. That's on you, not the system.

Good luck.
thank you for giving the hope..
i have plans to visit my country and come back in 2 weeks - hence i was asking all these questions ..
not sure if leaving and entering USA now is the good thing considering my case not in the court yet..

Just Blue

Mohammad hit an elderly pedestrian, left the scene without calling for help for the injured man and then hopped on a flight to the middle east to avoid arrest and the consequences of his actions.

If you are intent on feeding your fear and anxiety, at least pull up cases that mirror your own. :rolleyes:

engtrak

IF my case is filed while I am travelling or while I am in my country ..
The court sends a mail to me for the first hearing date ?
or as soon as it is filed in court system will there be arrest warrant to cops to arrest me?
Kindly let me know what actually happens after is filed ?

CdwJava

You might be notified by mail when/if filed, you might be notified via mail of a court date. It's also possible that a warrant will be issued for your arrest if criminal charges are filed. Your attorney can best advise you on the local court's common practices.

engtrak

You might be notified by mail when/if filed, you might be notified via mail of a court date. It's also possible that a warrant will be issued for your arrest if criminal charges are filed. Your attorney can best advise you on the local court's common practices.
my attorney is not answering all these questions..
he just saying you have to wait for the mail

quincy

my attorney is not answering all these questions..
he just saying you have to wait for the mail
Ask your attorney if it is okay for you to leave the country. If he says it’s okay, provide him with an address where he can reach you.

You might want to speak to an immigration lawyer.

engtrak

Ask your attorney if it is okay for you to leave the country?
my attorney just saying that this risk is up to me
basically my attorney took money from me and just waiting for it to be filed and not answering any of my questions

quincy

Maybe he is not answering your questions because there are too many of them and/or he has answered them at least once already? You probably are not the attorney’s only client.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I agree that I drove away but I was just trying to tell the reason why I drove away...
You drove away because you might get in trouble when the cops showed up. How do you think that would even remotely help your case?

Don't answer - it's rhetorical. Just think about it (and listen to your attorney).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">