• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hitting a parked car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

specialmfk

What is the name of your state? minnesota
If you accidently hit someone's car in a parking lot and dented it, and then left, can they sue you for damages? Would they have to prove who hit them?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

specialmfk said:
What is the name of your state? minnesota

If you accidently hit someone's car in a parking lot and dented it, and then left, can they sue you for damages?

MY RESPONSE: Yes.

Would they have to prove who hit them?

MY RESPONSE: Yes, but they obviously have that proof, otherwise you wouldn't be writing to us.

IAAL

P

ProResearch

This is always a concern of mine. I take pictures of cars who park next to me ... lol no I'm not THAT anal...well, okay sometimes I do!!! But actually, I do jot down the license plate number, color and make of vehicle and sometimes ask the parking lot person (if any) to watch my car for me lol

R

r4z0r3cK

I think that person prolly has a digital camera so they erase them if nothing happens to the car i never thought about it till now but its a smart idea to carry one just in case of an accident or something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">