• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hitting a parked car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trto

What is the name of your state?Idaho

My wife hit a parked car this morning in our apartment complex. She left her full name, phone number and we waited about 30 minutes and stated that on the note. I also took pictures of the car damages and the manner it was parked. This brings me to my primary concern...

The car was parked in the guest parking, but not within the boundaries given. Basically, the "victim's" car was double parked. Does this mean anything? Can my wife work this angle to her legal benefit? Also, did she do everything legally necessary in a "hitting a parked car" scenario?

Thanks

What does parking illegally, if they did, have to do with the fact your wife did not proceed with caution if she could not do so correctly?

Happy Trails

trto said:
What is the name of your state?Idaho

My wife hit a parked car this morning in our apartment complex. She left her full name, phone number and we waited about 30 minutes and stated that on the note. I also took pictures of the car damages and the manner it was parked. This brings me to my primary concern...

The car was parked in the guest parking, but not within the boundaries given. Basically, the "victim's" car was double parked. Does this mean anything? Can my wife work this angle to her legal benefit? Also, did she do everything legally necessary in a "hitting a parked car" scenario?

Thanks
This link tells you the proper procedure on what your "DUTY UPON STRIKING UNATTENDED VEHICLE" is: http://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newidst?sctid=490130003.K

The other driver being double parked really doesn't give your wife any kind of a defense for accidently hitting the other car. She is liable for the damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">