• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HIV posotive

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ARA SARKISSIAN

Hello, my name is ARA
I live in Ca.
I have been given this case to solve please help.

Anita lived with her former boyfriend, John, from 1994 until 1999. John was an intravenous drug user. John became sick in 1997 and visited a physician, Dr. Ly. Dr. Ly determined that John was HIV-positive and began approporiate medical treatment. Although Dr. Ly advised John to tell his sexual partner(s), John told Dr. Ly that he did not want to tell his girlfriend since he was afraid that she would leave him. John did not tell Anita that he was HIV-positive until 1999. Anita was then tested and was found to be HIV-positive herself.
Assume that there are no applicable statutes relating to this issue, and rely only on common law in your analysis.

Anita filed the following two lawsuits. Separately, discuss any feasible cause(s) of action, defenses, and probable results. Fully analyze all of the issues presented.

1. Anita v. Dr. Ly
2. Anita v. John

Thank you,

I need to have an idea on how to go about this.
How should I file the case? What torts do I need to write about? What kind of defence does the John and Dr. Ly have?

ALawyer

Sorry. This looks like a law school homework assignment and there are too many people out there who have legal problems that I'd prefer to help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">