• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HMO dragged feet to pay Moms bills-now she's gone. Am I stuck?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

ddee2k

My Mother recently passed away. She had Cigna Health for Seniors until they pulled out of Ohio (Dec. 1999)for medicare Beneficiaries in Ohio.She was covered until then and these bills were submitted to cigna but ignored and/ or denied without good reason.She submitted her bills and they promised by phone to pay them but never did.. Now she's passed away and I am the Executor of the Estate, which isn't alot really and is to be split by three children. Will the medical bills for Doctors Cigna authorized her to go to in writing be held against the estate? How can I get Cigna to pay? We've deluged them with letters and bill copies and thier own forms showing their authorizations and they are still not paying...We've appealed to the Department of Insurance for the State of Ohio and they said they see no good reason for denial and said appeal them...We've done this over and over and got no result..What can I do? We are about to go to probate and don't want to have to pay these with the estate...

ALawyer

If you have the support of the state insurance department, it is incredible that they will not pay, and not give a reason for the denial.

CIGNA does not have the reputation for being a bad company, so it is really surprising.

It is time for a lawyer to send CIGNA a letter and tell them their actions consititute "bad faith". Read the section on Bad Faith in DETAIL at https://law.freeadvice.com/insurance_law/insurers_bad_faith/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">