• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HMO took $ but didn't accept membership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

Zohar09

What is the name of your state? California
Hello, I was wondering if I could get some advice. I have been a member of an HMO for about 5 years on an individual payment plan. I got a new job that had the same HMO so I switched to their group plan. I was at the new job for 3 months and got laid off. Within a 3 week period after having been laid off, I made a payment to the HMO to get back on the individual plan, and was also told I had to re-apply for membership (which I did).
Consequently, they turned me down for membership but my check to them was already accepted a has cleared. Because they basicaly cashed my check, isn't that an automatic acceptence of service? As of yet, I have not recieved any reimbursment for the money. Any help I can get with this matter I would greatly apprecite. Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Julia

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">