• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA Liability Dark Area of Community

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
The CC&Rs of my HOA state that no overnight street parking is allowed. If I park my car on the street overnight and get fined and my neighbor does not get fined, if I am not a member of a protected class, then I can't sue for discrimination?
If the reason for the uneven enforcement is just because someone is irritated by you, and not because of your race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, etc. is different from those who are not fined, then NO, you DO NOT have the basis for claiming illegal discrimination.

Pedas2

If the reason for the uneven enforcement is just because someone is irritated by you, and not because of your race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, etc. is different from those who are not fined, then NO, you DO NOT have the basis for claiming illegal discrimination.

How would a member of a protected class prove that removing a streetlight or fining for overnight street parking is a result of that person's protected class?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
How would a member of a protected class prove that removing a streetlight or fining for overnight street parking is a result of that person's protected class?
Can we now agree that this has moved in to "hypothetical" territory?

Pedas2

And they are paid for their time. I'll do the research for you - for $250/hour. How would you like to set that up?

I don't engage in business with people who have pictures of animals in their avatar. Perfectly legal discrimination!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

They would use the facts of and relating to the matter to show that the specific actions were undertaken due to their being a member of the protected class. This would likely involve research on their part (or on the part of their paid legal counsel) in order to prove such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">