• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA Transfer Fee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stephen1

That's right.

Did you ever look?
Did you ever ask?
Did you ever read your insurance policies to find out what your obligations were?
Did you ever read your car's owner manual?
Did you ever read the manuals and warranties for all your appliances?
Did you ever read your cell phone contract?
Did you ever read your mortgage contract?
Did you ever read the Terms of Service for eBay, Amazon, or this website?

You get where I'm going with all this? Self preservation is nobody's business but your own. Leave it to others and you end up where you are today, complaining about getting hit with things you didn't know about that were yours to find out for the asking.
Yes, I looked (and I mentioned where I looked). I wasn't asking WHETHER this HOA had a transfer fee, but where to look other than where I had already said that I had looked. And whether it is something that you would expect would be revealed somewhere.
When I am attempting to determine what the policy is regarding something I re-read what I understand are the appropriate documents looking for any hint. Now, having read everything I can think of relating to the topic and not finding any reference I was asking whether I was supposed to be looking elsewhere. A response of "you should read the contract/manual/TOS" is non-responsive when I've already said where I've gone.

quincy

Did you check out Washington’s Secretary of State and its corporation filings for your HOA’s contact information and phone number?

I take it you are selling the house on your own. You might want to speak at least briefly with a real estate attorney in your area who has familiarity with Washington HOAs. To my knowledge, we have no Washington state attorneys posting here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">