• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA unwritten rule?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Punofree

Yep - why don't you push for a clarification at the next board meeting so that it will be in writing?
I tried to do that, but they were very hasty with me. In fact, the grounds manager said I had to leave because she needs to talk with the Board about some other issues. I felt as though it was just to make me leave.

But, I did get the email from the Board manager. She wrote the 'unpublished' criteria email to me that I mentioned in previous posts, so I have that in writing. Do you think that would suffice? She is stating the definition is unpublished.

Punofree

Yes, that's a smart thing for the board to do. However, on the other side of the coin is the proper due diligence by the buyer.
So if I read a rule that states "No noxious, offensive, dangerous, or unsafe activity will be carried out in any unit...." should I ask the Board if anyone finds my window curtains offensive before I put them up? And if putting the curtains up on my own with a ladder is considered dangerous?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So if I read a rule that states "No noxious, offensive, dangerous, or unsafe activity will be carried out in any unit...." should I ask the Board if anyone finds my window curtains offensive before I put them up? And if putting the curtains up on my own with a ladder is considered dangerous?
If I ever made the horrendous choice to live under the thumb of a HOA, I would certainly consider it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">