• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hold on my license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpaj

What is the name of your state? Washington, can a collection agency put a hold on my license for failing to pay them money on fines that the courts sent them? Can they take the hold off? How long does this process take?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The collection agency doesn't put the hold on your license - the court does. When you pay, they can let the court know you paid and the hold should be lifted, although, there may be extra steps to actually have your license reinstated. Check with your state's DOL (Department of Licensing).

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
What is the name of your state? Washington, can a collection agency put a hold on my license for failing to pay them money on fines that the courts sent them? Can they take the hold off? How long does this process take?
What kind of license and what sort of fines or judgements do you owe?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">