• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home buyer from hell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

homeseller5

What is the name of your state? Washington

I sold a house a couple months ago. The new owners are suing me because the septic system has just backed up. The problem comes from this. When I purchased the house it was disclosed that the house was on public sewer. I spent the last 6 years paying a public sewer bill. I never had any knowledge of the house being on a septic system. I have had a plumber come out on a couple occassions in my 6 years living there and each time was told it was on public sewer. I don't belive I have done anything wrong here. On top of it all I paid closing costs and left brand new appliances for the new people so that they could get into the house to begin with as they are a young couple with many children and couldn't afford it. Now not only are they suing me but everyone involved in the transaction such as our realtors and their home inspector. As soon as I sold the house I moved to Alaska because my husband is military I feel like I am being taken advantage of because I am not in a situation to be there checking out their claims in person. Shouldn't the law protect me as I told what I believed was the truth? My entire neighborhood is on public sewer and I'm not sure I believe their claims that the house is on septic. HELP!!!

HomeGuru

homeseller5 said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

I sold a house a couple months ago. The new owners are suing me because the septic system has just backed up. The problem comes from this. When I purchased the house it was disclosed that the house was on public sewer. I spent the last 6 years paying a public sewer bill. I never had any knowledge of the house being on a septic system. I have had a plumber come out on a couple occassions in my 6 years living there and each time was told it was on public sewer. I don't belive I have done anything wrong here. On top of it all I paid closing costs and left brand new appliances for the new people so that they could get into the house to begin with as they are a young couple with many children and couldn't afford it. Now not only are they suing me but everyone involved in the transaction such as our realtors and their home inspector. As soon as I sold the house I moved to Alaska because my husband is military I feel like I am being taken advantage of because I am not in a situation to be there checking out their claims in person. Shouldn't the law protect me as I told what I believed was the truth? My entire neighborhood is on public sewer and I'm not sure I believe their claims that the house is on septic. HELP!!!
**A: you need to hire a real estate attorney in Washington state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">