• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Depot fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

Still, while plodding through the lumber section, you need to expect to find stock on the floor. It happens. Doesn't mean that HD is negligent (and we've yet to see if he has any actual injuries. You don't get to recover for what might happen.
Of course. I simply wanted to point out that "returning a sander" didn't necessarily mean returning a purchase.

LdiJ

When you rent those tools @LdiJ do you do it the week before and after major spinal surgery?
I rented a tool (which my daughter used) a week after being in the ICU for pneumonia as result of the flu. Its not quite the same thing but there are reasons why people rent tools even in odd situations.

quincy

Both types of returns (purchase or rental) could have waited.

But ... it really doesn't matter because mor4les didn't wait. :)

Now mor4les should see his/her doctor to see if the fall has caused injury. If there was no injury caused by the fall, there is no case worth exploring.

LdiJ

Both types of returns (purchase or rental) could have waited.

But ... it really doesn't matter because mor4les didn't wait. :)

Now mor4les should see his/her doctor to see if the fall has caused injury. If there was no injury caused by the fall, there is no case worth exploring.
A rental return gets very expensive if it doesn't happen on time. If it costs 25.00 to rent a sander for a day its going to add up quickly. So, yes, it can wait, but if the result of waiting racks up a lot of cost most people are going to try to find a way to avoid that.

quincy

Friends? Family? Calling Home Depot to explain?

But .., it really doesn't matter what you did after having pneumonia. I can understand cost can be an issue.

What matters is that mor4les decided to return a sander to Home Depot (for whatever reason) a week after major surgery and s/he tripped and fell and might have set back recovery from surgery.

If the doctor says that all is okay, there is no legal action to consider.

Last edited:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
A rental return gets very expensive if it doesn't happen on time. If it costs 25.00 to rent a sander for a day its going to add up quickly. So, yes, it can wait, but if the result of waiting racks up a lot of cost most people are going to try to find a way to avoid that.
Permanent neck/spine damage is more expensive.

Frankly, I was under the impression that people recovering from such surgery were advised against lifting such heavy items.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">