• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

home equity question for my parents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Texas -

My parents moved in with my ailing grandmother who passed away over a year ago. The home was, as I understand it, listed as part of the estate of my grandmother. My parents have continued making mortgage payments on the home and are now in a bind financially.

The home is not in their name I assume, but could they borrow from the home equity?

This is my father's mother's estate and my father is disabled. He is the executor (if that is what it is called).

Is it imperative they get it put in their name immediately? They are dealing with so many other things, i just want to find some way to help them...

Samm1970

My parents moved in with my ailing grandmother who passed away over a year ago. The home was, as I understand it, listed as part of the estate of my grandmother. My parents have continued making mortgage payments on the home and are now in a bind financially.
Was the estate probated? If not, the executor needs to meet with a probate attorney before you can proceed with anything else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">