• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

home ins cancellation moretorium in FL?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zliminator

What is the name of your state? FL

My home ins. co sent me a letter in June saying they would cancel on the 3 year anniversary of my buying the house. That would have been 10/9/04. I was calling around getting quotes and someone said there was a moretorium (sic) on cancelling policies because of the hurricanes. I'm getting an inspection tomorrow and I will get another policy, but my mort. co. sent me a letter saying they would force more expensive ins. in 60 days if I didn't pay the premium. I haven't called the old ins. co. but it looks like they cancelled. Are they not supposed to cancel until the 30th of Nov? Could this be a problem? I still need to make some phone calls, but if push comes to shove, do I have any legal recourse? Should I call the attorney general?

Dan

P.S. The reason they gave me for cancelling was "Agent no longer represents company". Huh?

S

sickofmold

If that's the case, maybe you could find another agent that represents the same company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">