• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

home ins

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

link

What is the name of your state? new york

My mother (sr cit) has recently moved out of her house and found an apt more suitable to her circumstances. I will be looking to sell the house sometime in the future. I've been told that it will be almost impossible to insure the house while it remains unoccupied during this time. Is this true? Is there an alternative? What is the danger of leaving it uninsured?

thanks in advance

C

CUDALIS

New york Property Insurance Underwriting Association, located @ 100 William St.,N.Y.C., insures, vacant & unoccupied dwellings. House must be boarded to their specifications, against unlawful entry. A separate policy for liability should be obtained, also. (New York Property does not provide liability coverage). If your mother has coverage for her new Apt., Condo or Co-Op, she can have the liability for the house, added to that policy. Don't delay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">