• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home inspection/house sold

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DBDL09

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?new york state......My question is ....i have my rental for sale and the potential buyer had a home inspector come thru..he noticed that in the basement there was a steel beam a 1/4 lenth of the house long ...There was also a section (half moon shape) cut out to make room for the sewer line from the bathrooms...The potential buyer backed out of the deal due to this and the inspector said that it wasnt very strong! this killed the deal! my question is do i have legal rights cause the house was sold to me like this 14 years ago! the house was inspected by the mortgage co. and passed..Now i cant sell the house due to this and do i have the rights to go after the mortgage co for this??? Also the Co. was sold to a bank! Are they responsible for this now? And since my house was sold to me like this are they at fault for not having this fixedor replaced? Thank you for your time ...Hope someone can assist me

HomeGuru

DBDL09 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?new york state......My question is ....i have my rental for sale and the potential buyer had a home inspector come thru..he noticed that in the basement there was a steel beam a 1/4 lenth of the house long ...There was also a section (half moon shape) cut out to make room for the sewer line from the bathrooms...The potential buyer backed out of the deal due to this and the inspector said that it wasnt very strong! this killed the deal! my question is do i have legal rights cause the house was sold to me like this 14 years ago!

**A: when you bought did you have a home inspection?

the house was inspected by the mortgage co. and passed.

**A: nope check again. The mortgage co. DID NOT hire a home inspector.

.Now i cant sell the house due to this and do i have the rights to go after the mortgage co for this??? Also the Co. was sold to a bank! Are they responsible for this now? And since my house was sold to me like this are they at fault for not having this fixedor replaced? Thank you for your time ...Hope someone can assist me
**A: why are you wanting to poin tthe finger at everyone else when it was you that did not complete due diligence?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">