• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Insurance Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Beckalove

hi i'm from florida in sept 01 my mobile home was damage by a hurricane. ins comp paid some monies, then rtenewed my policy at full amount without cking to see if repairs were completed, home was not replaced i was still looking when a neighbor actually set the same house on fire and burnt it to the ground(03/02). now ins comp is refusing to pay full policy amount. is that correct, i don't understand why they aren't responsible for whole $ of policy.
Becky

vrzirn

My opinion is they are responsible for policy amount, less deductible x2, less the money paid due to the tornado.
If you want more, you would have to provide paid bills showing initial damange was repaired.

D

Donna32669

Mobilehome

I think the insurer is on the hook for the total coverage amount,
you need to mention the "Valued Policy Law" and ask them what they feel excludes them from compliance with it. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">