• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOME MORTGAGE LOAN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CONOVER

MY HOME MORTGAGE WAS MOVED FROM ONE OFFICE TO ANOTHER WITHIN THE SAME COMPANY. AS A RESULT, THEY DID NOT SEND A PAYMENT COUPON TO ME FOR 3 MONTHS. THE FIRST MONTH I CONTACTED THEM TO REPORT THAT I HAD NOT RECEIVED MY PAYMENT COUPON. THE NEXT MONTH THE WEBSITE THAT I GOT PHONE NUMBER FROM WAS NO LONGER UP. COMPANY HAS NOW CONTACTED ME, AND IS DEMANDING IMMEDIATE PAYMENT OF 2 MONTHS WITH LATE PENALTIES ADDED. CAN THEY DO THIS? I NOTIFIED THEM OF BEING DROPPED FROM MAIL LIST, AND HAD NO WAY OF CONTACTING THEM FURTHER.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CONOVER said:
MY HOME MORTGAGE WAS MOVED FROM ONE OFFICE TO ANOTHER WITHIN THE SAME COMPANY. AS A RESULT, THEY DID NOT SEND A PAYMENT COUPON TO ME FOR 3 MONTHS. THE FIRST MONTH I CONTACTED THEM TO REPORT THAT I HAD NOT RECEIVED MY PAYMENT COUPON. THE NEXT MONTH THE WEBSITE THAT I GOT PHONE NUMBER FROM WAS NO LONGER UP. COMPANY HAS NOW CONTACTED ME, AND IS DEMANDING IMMEDIATE PAYMENT OF 2 MONTHS WITH LATE PENALTIES ADDED. CAN THEY DO THIS? I NOTIFIED THEM OF BEING DROPPED FROM MAIL LIST, AND HAD NO WAY OF CONTACTING THEM FURTHER.
My response:

Do you see that writing in RED up there? Without your State name, or the name of the State where the problem happened, it would be difficult to assist you. Laws are different everywhere.

Also, please help us to help you. To help us, please take your Cap Lock off and re-type your post. This will help to increase your chances for a response to your post. We thank you for your kind cooperation.

IAAL

C

CONOVER

I live in Georgia.
Do I really have to re-type the post? What difference does cap lock make?

LegalBeagle

CONOVER said:
I live in Georgia.
You know.. this just took me 15 seconds.. case makes a big difference when you read 100 posts a day and try and help people.. My work here is done...

My home mortgage was moved from one office to another within the same company. As a result, they did not send a payment coupon to me for 3 months. The first month i contacted them to report that i had not received my payment coupon. The next month the website that i got phone number from was no longer up. Company has now contacted me, and is demanding immediate payment of 2 months with late penalties added. Can they do this? I notified them of being dropped from mail list, and had no way of contacting them further.

HomeGuru

CONOVER said:
I live in Georgia.
HomeGuru response:
It makes a difference between getting a response to your post and not getting a response. Your choice.

Maybe you should first do a search on a few major search engines under the search words internet etiquette, netiquette, or proper manners and protocol when posting on a discussion bulletin board, forum, chat room, message board, email etc.

As an example, what appears to be the difference between the following 2 statements:

You have no manners.
YOU HAVE NO MANNERS.

C

CONOVER

i am soooooo sorry

i had no idea capital letters were impolite. i have never posted on a board before, and didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings or step on anyone's sense of nettiquette. i just wanted advice. i guess capital letters are the internet equivalent to yelling. at any rate, i apologize to all whom i've offended. below is my re-typed post:

my home mortgage was moved from one office to another within the same company. as a result, they did not send a payment coupon to me for 3 months. the 1st month i contacted them to report that i had not received my coupon. the next month the website that i got phone number from was down. company has now contacted me to demand payment of 2 months with late penalties added. can they do this? i notified them of being dropped from mail list, and had no way of contacting them.

again, i am sorry about the cap lock. i would really appreciate a response to my problem(mortgage..not nettiquette)

D

David J. Miller

Yes they can do that. Your promissory note that you signed at the inception of the loan that says you agree to make payments is not contingent upon them sending you a monthly bill. You know when your payments are due, you know the amount, you know where to send them, you know your loan number. This is all that is needed to make your monthly mortgage payments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">