• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

home oweners insurance clam and my bank

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joe stew

i'm from il. and have had hail damage to the roof of my home.
the insurance company sent out a ajuster, then a check. good so far! i'm buying the house with a cosigner. the insureance company put my name, the cosigners name, and the banks name on the check. my bids for the job are under the amount of the check of the repairs. now the bank says the bids are to high and wont sign the check without me agreeing to appling the balance of the check to my loan. and are tring to tell me i can't use the contractor of my choice. i paid for the roof out of packet 2 years ago. i have even worked as a roofer in the past. if i wanted could i not do it myself? now they want to cut differant checks for parts and labor? and no upfront payment to anyone, can they do all this??

HomeGuru

joe stew said:
i'm from il. and have had hail damage to the roof of my home.
the insurance company sent out a ajuster, then a check. good so far! i'm buying the house with a cosigner. the insureance company put my name, the cosigners name, and the banks name on the check. my bids for the job are under the amount of the check of the repairs. now the bank says the bids are to high and wont sign the check without me agreeing to appling the balance of the check to my loan. and are tring to tell me i can't use the contractor of my choice. i paid for the roof out of packet 2 years ago. i have even worked as a roofer in the past. if i wanted could i not do it myself? now they want to cut differant checks for parts and labor? and no upfront payment to anyone, can they do all this??
**A: yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">