• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home owner backed into my tools

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jesse98178

Hello,

I am a general contractor in Seattle, WA. A job I was doing was going great until the home owner backed into my tools in her garage. They were in the place she told me to store them. Now she is withholding the final payment saying she is taking 800.00 off the final payment for the scratch on her car. She went on a trip and I communicated with her husband on paint colors etc. She says his name was not on the contact so he was not authorized to make any decisions and she doesn’t like the color therefore she wants to take off another 500.00. Can I sue her for the final bill or would she have a case in court?

adjusterjack

Can I sue her for the final bill
Sure. Anybody can sue anybody for anything.

In case what you really want to know is whether you can win or not, well, you probably can.

would she have a case in court?
She could certainly countersue but her damage is her own fault so it's doubtful if she would win on that.

PS: Now you know why you shouldn't leave your tools on the job site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">