• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home purchase - Agreement of Sale and purchase - Breach of Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nalla_venkatesh

Hi, I recently purchase a house. In air conditioner was included as part of purchase price in the agreement however I learnt recently that it is a rental. Contacted my real estate lawyer, sales person, and seller agent and lawyer but no response from seller. Suing them is the last option. How can I solve this please.

PayrollHRGuy

A demand letter to the seller for the amount it would cost you to buy out the rental contract and keep the AC would be my first move.

nalla_venkatesh

Thank you for the quick reply. Can I contact the Seller (individual) directly. Is it appropriate? Their real estate agent does not respond at all.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
After a brief web search, it appears that "rent-to-own" is an option from many HVAC companies.

LdiJ

After a brief web search, it appears that "rent-to-own" is an option from many HVAC companies.
Its possible that the sellers intend to use some of the sales proceeds from the house to pay off the HVAC lease.

Zigner

Its possible that the sellers intend to use some of the sales proceeds from the house to pay off the HVAC lease.
If that was the case. then it should have been handled through closing. In my state, the existence of the lease would have been listed in the mandatory disclosures.

Since this matter occurred in Canada, this is all merely academic, of course.

Zigner

What options do I have other than going to court?
You should seek local legal counsel in Canada. This forum handles US law matters only. The advice you receive here may not be applicable in Canada (although, PayrollHRGuy's advice to send a demand letter probably can't hurt.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">