• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

home purchase credit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cup2k2

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

In December 2004 I signed an agreement to purchase a home from my employer, XYZ, a real estate developer, and recieved 20% off the price. On January 1, 2005 the company was taken over by new management and changed names to ABC. The agreement that I signed in 2004 was between myself and ABC, but I was an employee of XYZ not ABC at that time. The agreement stated that if I quit, I would have to pay the entire 20% back. Is this enforcable? I am hoping that since I was not an employee of ABC when the contract was signed and the benefit was recieved (2004), that I cannot be held to this??? Thanks!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You will need to show all the documentation to a local lawyer. We cannot interpret the enforceability of an agreement we have not read.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">