• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

home repairs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

texasproblems

What is the name of your state? Tx
I have been told that if I make another water claim on my insuracne I will be dropped. I have had several floodings in my kitchen which has warped my pergo flooring with additional concerns of possible mold due to the water being abosobed in the stirofoam cushion under the flooring. I can rip up the flooring myself and have a floor installed for $2.50 s.f. or a $1,000. Will a home repair of this nature and cash used to pay for it be frowned upon by the trustee? Case was filled two weeks ago.

JETX

Of course it could be looked at as suspicious. Simply, if you have that much money lying around, it could be used to pay your creditors instead.

However, I would contact your attorney or the trustee and ask them about possible issues. That is the only way to get an accurate answer.

HomeGuru

How about rip up the Pergo , use throw rugs and pay some bills with the money that you would have used to buy new Pergo.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">