• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alewis36

What is the name of your state?Md
Wife and I are separating. She needs money. We want to refinance our home with cash out option. She takes money to start over. I will take some as well. I will pay for the new mortgage. Once we have a divorce decree I will do an assumption to remove her name from the deed.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Alewis36 said:
Wife and I are separating. She needs money. We want to refinance our home with cash out option. She takes money to start over. I will take some as well. I will pay for the new mortgage. Once we have a divorce decree I will do an assumption to remove her name from the deed.

My response:

Thanks for that hair-raising, and exciting story! I especially liked the end. It was completely unexpected.

IAAL

LdiJ

Alewis36 said:
Wouldn't it make more sense just to refinance in your name only now, and give her, her share of the equity?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">