• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeless victim of slum lord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cainseriph

kentucky resident
21 yr old disabled male
i'v lived at my apartment for over year
my first month i didnt have a stove the landlord kept promising and never got me a stove instead a new roomate did, for about two and a half weeks i had no fridge. no air conditioner until a month ago, bad electric that blows light bulbs constantly and throws the breaker if more than four things are turned on, due to the fact that 3 bedrooms a hallway and two full size living rooms share one breaker. the landlord never mows said he'd get us a lawn mower but has yet to. the fridge that broke down sat out back full of garbage for over a year until two days when a suprise inspection left my apartment condemed. every time some one moved out and left alot of trash i had to clean it up so i wouldn't have to look at it.my bedroom was a porch converted into a room by putting up wood paneling and it had no heating or insulation which sucked and killed my back.so i burnt during the summer and dang near froze to death during the winter. and im sure your wondering why why did u live through those conditions i was homeless a year ago and barely had enough to get this place and i'v barely been able to keep it at 400 a month , the landlord promised alot of repairs of which we saw barely any of, if any thing got fixed at all it came from our pockets and our labor.several complaint were made by us about bees and roaches from tenants that kept their back porch full of garbage the whole time they lived here. once again the landlord promised to do something "Have an exterminator over in a couple days" never happened front and back porches rotting off the building.moldy windows that are painted shut carpet thats disgusting even after several shampooings. kitchen sink is rotting off the wall.shower isnt properly put in either. and in the basement one of the breaker boxes is held up by a paint can, nice.And the landlord had to of bribed the inspector, because when he shut my apartment down he said the whole building was getting condemed, old all the tenants that were here that we all had to find new homes. yet the next day he came back to inspect the other three apartments three two bedroom apartments in less than twenty minutes wow he must be magical , no i was at one of the apartments when it was inspected and the man that told us all we were homeless passed the apartments and somehow had no compliants to the landlord but several for the tenants all of these apartments are delapidated what work has been done aside from a leak in the roof was done by us tenants their is seriuosly a paintcan holding up a breakerbox. Yet all of the apartments excluding mine passed, hmm bet he likes money. i was told that if the building was comdemned the landlord would owe us back rent and deposits which is a big chunk so i could see bribing and inspector being alot cheaper. but the state of the building has not changed much since my term living here the landlord had just bought the building from another person because they were getting sued by a tennant due to a rotten back porch that he fell througfh permanatley injuring his back. therefore when the new landlord had to get the building inspected and appraised for his loan to go through he had to have bribed the inspector than to. Any help towards a solution that will not leave us homeless or living in a building that needs shutdown would be greatly appreciated. thank you we have some digital pictures for verication of our claim but the landlord is already working on cheating the system so time is of the essence
Edit/Delete Message

Shay-Pari'e

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

kentucky resident
21 yr old disabled male
no no previuos record
one count possesion of marijuana( one roach planted in my room while i was asleep, and papers, stems, seeds, and leaves that dont even exist)
two counts possesion of drug paraphanelia( two water bongs that do not belong to me, but were in my room so i guess that whole nine tenths thing is in effect.
A sealed indictment for trafficing and they apartment i have been in for a little over a year was condemed as they arested me, leaving me homeless. Two days have passed and i still haven't been read my miranda rights.
My roomate is being charged with one count possesion of marijuana( two small bags) and one count trafficing( automotive scales and two boxes of baggies one of which is empty but whatever. Im an alchoholic dont deny it told the police that but i dont smoke marijuana. but officer one said i smelled of marijuana, i lost my sense of smell a while ago so i asked two people who were staying with us and they said i smelled of alchohol and nothing else. At the time the building inspector said the whole building was condemed and told all the tenants that they had to move, But the next day he came back to inspect the other three apartments. And some how he inspected the three two bedroom apartments in less than twenty minutes all of them look the same and yet they passed. so i'm on the street wondering how the place passed when one of the breaker boxes is held up by a paint can, oh and the building is across the street from a high school. so if anyone has any advice for my charges or what i can do about my condemed apartment it would be much appreciated. about the only good thing is if i go to jail i'll have a place to stay, but i'd rather not considering i could have passed a drug test right then and there. thank you and if any questions arise please ask.

Yep, I believe you dude.

ENASNI

yeah... read your other posts before even trying to weed through this one..

weed being the word in your other posts... I thought nah.. there is a commercial on tv that is more important... thanks for your time.

south

Sniff poor ole slumlord, can someone break this post down to possibly three sylabals for the hard of understanding

cainseriph said:
kentucky resident
21 yr old disabled male
i'v lived at my apartment for over year
my first month i didnt have a stove the landlord kept promising and never got me a stove instead a new roomate did, for about two and a half weeks i had no fridge. no air conditioner until a month ago, bad electric that blows light bulbs constantly and throws the breaker if more than four things are turned on, due to the fact that 3 bedrooms a hallway and two full size living rooms share one breaker. the landlord never mows said he'd get us a lawn mower but has yet to. the fridge that broke down sat out back full of garbage for over a year until two days when a suprise inspection left my apartment condemed. every time some one moved out and left alot of trash i had to clean it up so i wouldn't have to look at it.my bedroom was a porch converted into a room by putting up wood paneling and it had no heating or insulation which sucked and killed my back.so i burnt during the summer and dang near froze to death during the winter. and im sure your wondering why why did u live through those conditions i was homeless a year ago and barely had enough to get this place and i'v barely been able to keep it at 400 a month , the landlord promised alot of repairs of which we saw barely any of, if any thing got fixed at all it came from our pockets and our labor.several complaint were made by us about bees and roaches from tenants that kept their back porch full of garbage the whole time they lived here. once again the landlord promised to do something "Have an exterminator over in a couple days" never happened front and back porches rotting off the building.moldy windows that are painted shut carpet thats disgusting even after several shampooings. kitchen sink is rotting off the wall.shower isnt properly put in either. and in the basement one of the breaker boxes is held up by a paint can, nice.And the landlord had to of bribed the inspector, because when he shut my apartment down he said the whole building was getting condemed, old all the tenants that were here that we all had to find new homes. yet the next day he came back to inspect the other three apartments three two bedroom apartments in less than twenty minutes wow he must be magical , no i was at one of the apartments when it was inspected and the man that told us all we were homeless passed the apartments and somehow had no compliants to the landlord but several for the tenants all of these apartments are delapidated what work has been done aside from a leak in the roof was done by us tenants their is seriuosly a paintcan holding up a breakerbox. Yet all of the apartments excluding mine passed, hmm bet he likes money. i was told that if the building was comdemned the landlord would owe us back rent and deposits which is a big chunk so i could see bribing and inspector being alot cheaper. but the state of the building has not changed much since my term living here the landlord had just bought the building from another person because they were getting sued by a tennant due to a rotten back porch that he fell througfh permanatley injuring his back. therefore when the new landlord had to get the building inspected and appraised for his loan to go through he had to have bribed the inspector than to. Any help towards a solution that will not leave us homeless or living in a building that needs shutdown would be greatly appreciated. thank you we have some digital pictures for verication of our claim but the landlord is already working on cheating the system so time is of the essence
Edit/Delete Message

cainseriph

confused

i dont get it. my post about the criminal charges i'm made out to be an idiot. my post about trying to do something about having a roof over my head and i'm treated like im trying to con people for money. all i wanted was some advice i thought that was the point of the website. even with all i typed that doesn't even come close to letting you know my life just what i thought was needed for some one to be able to give me some advice.Im no druggie, or drug dealer, or even a flimflam man.

Shay-Pari'e

OK, lets start in kindergarden here. It is very reasonable to us why your apt. was taken away from you.

Do you not see the "BIG PLAZMA SCREEN" telling you?

Your growing crap in your appt. and want to blame who?

Honestly, I don't think you can be reasoned with. These funny drugs do funny things.

FarmerJ

Simple enough, since all your repair issues were addressed by condemnation orders if the condemn notices included orders by your city or county telling you to move out and you have some time left in the month you have paid for you can ask a small claims court to return to you prorated the number of days rent you had left in the month. Your city or county may have ordinances addressing rent money returns when condemnation of rental takes place if your states laws havent addressed it. start with calling your city hall. to learn if its been addressed locally. then check your state govt web page landlord and tenant links.

cainseriph

okay

--PARIDISE-- where in either post did i say i was growing anything. im not being charged for cultivating.Also i did put that i could pass a drug test. And at the time the biggest complaint was that the heating in the apartment is not up to code, not to mention it leaks in the first livingroom up at the ceiling.

on the up and up tho thank you FarmerJ for being one of two people on this website to treat me like a human being.We are a family here at the building that and being broke has kept us here the landlord always has me collect as much of the rent as possible from him, he has hardly ever been here and when he has he hasn't taken care of any of our issues if something messes up i do my best to take care of it.You'd be suprised how many times you would see everybody go to one apartment for dinner because it hasn't been an apartment complex its been like one big house that we all lived in.That can make up for alot but just because some one is willing to let someone esle treat them poorly doesn't make it right.We didn't think it was that bad tho but after what happened and we have all talked about we have to wonder about our sensibility.my freind that was staying with us lost his kids that day i lost my home its the third time in my life time that im going to be camping out in the streets again, not to mention im on disability because they feel im not sound enough in the head to take care of myself and with this they might be able to permenently put me in a behavioral health unit.

cainseriph

FarmerJ

would you know how i could get a different house inspector to look at the building because the last one had to have been bribed seriuosly. on the ren t i should be entitled to the whole months, see i would ask my social worker to help but i dont wanna go back to the hospital .

south

Bribery??? Why not walk into the city building and accuse the inspector of bribery if you have so much evidence?

So what if the landlord is being sued by an ex tenant for falling through a porch he has not won yet or proved his case eith like I always say 'If there was no such thing as suing there would be less injuries'

cainseriph said:
would you know how i could get a different house inspector to look at the building because the last one had to have been bribed seriuosly. on the ren t i should be entitled to the whole months, see i would ask my social worker to help but i dont wanna go back to the hospital .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">