• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowner will not reveal Insurance info.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jmilak

In Illinois, a new neighbor moved in and his dog broke through a wooden fence (new, not rotten etc.), entered our yard and caused $2000 worth of vet bills to our dog. Initially he promised to pay for it but now he is unwilling to reveal his insurance company. My own insurance company said they could not help to get this information. How does one obtain the insurance information of a homeowner in order to file a claim?

Thanks

ALawyer

You have no right to that information. While his mortgage holder knows, it won't tell you.

Sue him in small claims court and then it is his choice to notify his insurer or pay tyhe judgment out of pocket if you win.

C

CombatTN88

jmilak said:
In Illinois, a new neighbor moved in and his dog broke through a wooden fence (new, not rotten etc.), entered our yard and caused $2000 worth of vet bills to our dog. Initially he promised to pay for it but now he is unwilling to reveal his insurance company. My own insurance company said they could not help to get this information. How does one obtain the insurance information of a homeowner in order to file a claim?

Thanks
Sounds to me that somebody was telling a same thing about you in other posts.

Regards, Combat

J

jmilak

Dog Fight in Texas?

The relevant difference being the Texas incident and my incident in IlL is that the other dog physically broke through a fence in order to enter my property and maul my dog. My dog required two surgeries and currently has gaping wounds along its back, chest and shoulder. The other dog owner recieved a village citation for owning a viscious dog.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">