• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

homeowners associations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ralleyred1

undefined What is the name of your state? North Carolina. Recently my son and daughter-in-law bought a new home in a new development that is still being built. He has a concern that if neighbors decide to form a homeowners association that they will have to join. Can they be forced to do so? Thanks, Lynne :

HomeGuru

ralleyred1 said:
undefined What is the name of your state? North Carolina. Recently my son and daughter-in-law bought a new home in a new development that is still being built. He has a concern that if neighbors decide to form a homeowners association that they will have to join. Can they be forced to do so? Thanks, Lynne :

**A: yes, as there most likely are CC&R's recorded on title.

HomeGuru

ralleyred1 said:
undefined

What are CC&R's

**A: ask your son. Then when he says, "Mom, I don't know"
Tell him to READ the title report and deed that he got and signed for at closing.

ralleyred1

undefinedbold My son had already the CC& R's and says that there is nothing in there about a homeowners association. My question still stands - if there isn't anything in the CC& R's can they legally be forced to join? Thanks, Lynne :

HomeGuru

ralleyred1 said:
undefinedbold My son had already the CC& R's and says that there is nothing in there about a homeowners association. My question still stands - if there isn't anything in the CC& R's can they legally be forced to join? Thanks, Lynne :

**A: do I look like a mind reader? If we can't read the CC&R's, how the heck would we know what's in it?
Suffice to say, the fact that there are recorded CC&R's means it is automatic membership in the HOA. for the most part.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">