• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowners Claim Reimbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scotward

My insurance company has approved an estimate for damage to my home during a recent snowstorm. They are insisting that they pay the contractor directly with a two-party check. Is this their right in New York State? I would prefer that they pay me for the damage.

tammy8

Don't know if they must pay to contractor but what is the big deal? Insurance is to put you back where you were before the lose NOT to make a profit! Just have the contractor fix your home and be done with it!

D

Donna32669

Homeowner reimbursement

If you have a mortgage on your home that might be the reason they have to make the payment that way...then they are sure the home is repaired & the insurer has protected the mortgagee interest as promised in the contract. But, Tammy is right the bottom line is to fix the home and put you back the way you were.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">